Monday, April 28, 2014

I may not have gone where I intended to go...

I am a life planner. I like plans and I like when life sticks to my plan, but rarely does this happen. Life loves to hit me hard with a reality check once and awhile reminding me that no matter how hard I try I cannot plan for everything. I came across this quote the other day and it really stuck with me. 




I may not have gone where I intended to go...A year ago I would have thought my life would look quite a bit different. I would have the ring, the wedding, and the happily ever after. Needless to say, I am not living in suburbia with the husband, 2.5 kids, a white picket fence, and a dog.  I often forget that I have so much to be grateful for right now. I am halfway done with graduate school, I live in the most beautiful city in the country, and I have the greatest friends and family that love me. Looking back I often wonder if I would have been ready for what I had dreamed up in my life plan. Was it an unrealistic goal to begin with? 

Lately I have been trying not to plan every detail of my life and know that what is supposed to happen will happen and be comfortable with the stage of life I am in now.  I am trying to remember things will unfold as they need to in their own time, not mine.  ...but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. 

You may not have the life you intended, you may not have the boyfriend, the promotion, the perfect apartment. You may not have been accepted into your dream school, you may have trouble finding a job, or you may have moved to a city you hate for a job you hate even more. No matter what your situation looks like remember that you are where you need to be in life whether you realize it or not. Trust that things are going to work out for the best and that no matter how much you worry it won't change the outcome. Embrace the life you have right now, throw the 5 year plan out the window and  don't be so hard on yourself.

Always, 
CB

No comments:

Post a Comment