Sunday, March 23, 2014

Coffee Mug DIY

I wanted to share with y'all the easiest personalized DIY ever! All you need is a couple of coffee mugs and a sharpie. I made these mugs for my Big who lives in Virginia and I don't get to see too often. I thought it would be a sweet reminder of each other each morning drinking our coffee in our respected states. Although I did the state design, the possibilities for what you could put on these mugs are seriously endless! (i.e. monograms, favorite quotes, funny sayings, a trendy mustache drawing for your man)



For this project I went ahead and printed out a tiny South Carolina and Virginia map because I didn't trust my ability to accurately draw the states. I used a little piece of folded over tape to attach the states to the mug and simply traced the outline. Once the states were pretty well traced on, I removed the paper and went back over the lines to get them just right. 




Next, I drew a heart over what should be Charleston and Richmond although it is probably not exactly geographically correct, but hey, close enough. Then I created a swirly dashed line to connect the two hearts (cities) when the cups were sitting directly next to each other. Finally I added a cute little quote to complete the design.

When your mugs look exactly how you like them the only step left is to bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes to allow the sharpie to "cure" and become permanent. 


Easy as that! What do you think? Let me know if y'all try this out and what kind of things you draw on your mug!

Always,
CB

No comments:

Post a Comment