Thursday, May 31, 2012

Crafternoons


Day 61: I completed my first craft project for my room and I am absolutely in love with the results! I decided to try my hand at making a DIY fabric covered bulletin board. 

The first step was a trip to Hobby Lobby to pick out a fabric. I found these two fun patterns and after consulting with "the experts" we decided on the chevron.



Don't forget to get your extra large thumb tacks! I used two packs of them for my size bulletin board. 



 The first thing I did was iron out all those pesky wrinkles!


Once your fabric is wrinkle-free lay the fabric over your bulletin board (mine was an old one that I found in the attic). Pull the fabric taught and start pushing the thumb tacks in one by one until you make your way all the way around the bulletin board.


Next, flip your bulletin board over and get your handy dandy glue gun out. 



Hot glue the excess fabric to the back of the bulletin board.


Once you have finished hot gluing the fabric, you can cut the excess if you desire. Flip your board over and ta-da! You have yourself a precious homemade bulletin board!


This craft was super easy and only took me about an hour and a half to complete. I highly recommend!


Always,
The Charleston Belle



2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Would love it if you would check out mine, and follow :)

    http://sincerelysk.blogspot.com/
    SK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this..I might just have to do this! new follower ;)

    xx
    Julie
    http://lovecardelia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete